Temporary Workers – H-2B & H-2A

Visa Information & Characteristics

The H-2B is for temporary non-agricultural workers. The H-2A is for temporary agricultural workers.

You will work for at least 35 hours per week. Employers can require additional hours.

Here are some examples of type of job but not limited to performed under a H-2A: Nurseries and greenhouse growers, Fruit grower, Vineyards and hop grower, Vegetable, tobacco, and other field crop grower, beekeeper, Custom combine operator, Hay, grain, and wheat grower, Christmas tree grower, Horse breeder, truck driver.

Here are some examples of type of job but not limited to performed under a H-2B: Landscaping laborer, Greenskeeper, line-cook, construction worker, floor runner, tree planter, manufacturing operator, outdoor entertainment worker, cleaner.

Your spouse and unmarried children under 21 years of age will be able to come with you under a H-4 visa.

Length of Stay

The H-2B or H-2A usually last for 3 or 5 years depending on your country. Check here the duration of the H-2B and H-2A for your country.

You’ll be able to work for up to 10 months for a U.S. employer, then, you can switch to another U.S. employer, and/or return to the same employer the year after as long as your visa is valid.

After your visa expiration, you’ll need to return to your home country for at least 3 months before becoming eligible for a new H-2A or H-2B visa. There is no limit of renewal.


Workers from those 70+ countries below are eligible to participate in the H-2B or H-2A program:

Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kiribati, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, North Macedonia, Madagascar, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Mozambique, Nauru, The Netherlands, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Saint Lucia, San Marino, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia.

Workers from Moldova and Paraguay are eligible to participate in the H-2A but not the H-2B program. Workers from Mongolia and The Philippines are eligible to participate in the H-2A but not the H-2B program. See here for more information about the H-2B eligible countries, and here for more information about the H-2A eligible countries.

Compensation & Benefits

You will be paid the same rate than someone locally. The employer will also pay your transportation, and may facilitate and pay for housing.


There is no fee.

How It Works

Whether you currently have a valid H-2B or H-2A, are a H2 returning worker or a new H2 worker, here is how it works:

Step 1: Check Your Eligibility

Tell us more about you, and we will tell you if you are eligible to participate to the H2A or H2B programs. If you currently have a valid H2 visa, you will be prompted to enter this information.

Step 2: Get Your Job Offer

Apply for H2B or H2A jobs you see on our job board. We will then review your profile for the concerned open job. If selected, we’ll arrange a video interview with you and the U.S. employer.

Step 3: Obtain Your H2 Visa

We will then transfer your case to the employer’s lawyer who will assist you with the obtention of your visa and facilitate your transportation to your work location.

The whole process will take a few days.